Community Services Management Lead – Whānau Ora
Te Whānau O Waipareira
Imagine being a part of a kaupapa Māori organisation that supports your desire to ensure services and programmes are designed by and for Māori...
The good things about this organisation - Ngā painga o tēnei whare
Te Whānau o Waipareira has been serving the West Auckland community for over 35 years and is about building and providing Whānau Ora solutions that support whānau in the community.
As a result, whānau enjoy good health, experience economic wellbeing, are knowledgeable and well informed, culturally secure, resilient, self-managing and able to participate fully in Te Ao Māori and in wider society.
The good things:
- A great work life balance and working from home opportunities
- Based in modern premises in the heart of West Auckland Henderson township
- We are committed to providing ongoing professional development and the opportunity for career advancement
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 4% Kiwisaver Employer contributions
About the role - He kōrero whakamārama mō tēnei tūranga
We are looking for an experienced Management Lead for our frontline integrated services team, known as 'Kōrure Whānau'. You will be one of three Management Leads, to ensure the Kōrure Whānau kaimahi support whānau by providing efficient and effective delivery of integrated services within the social, health, education and justice areas.
You’ll be expected to provide ongoing support to kaimahi to develop their knowledge and competence. Work strategically with the senior management team to improve services to whānau and you will have a passion to learn more and adopt the Whānau Ora approach personally; and be able to articulate what that looks like.
Applicants will present with a positive and strengths focused attitude, and value the respect and mana of others. Qualifications are desirable but we equally appreciate well-oiled experience.
What you will bring - Nga tohungatanga o tēnei tūranga
- A working knowledge of Whānau Ora and the implementation of this within an organisation
- Knowledge and understanding of Te Āo Māori
- Minimum of 5 years in a management role inclusive of business management
- Experience in personnel management, supervision, recruitment and evaluation
- Experience in growing organisational capability and capacity
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead in a proactively diverse and inclusive team
- Effective problem solving and mediation skills as well as demonstrated ability to multitask and work in a fast paced setting
- A knowledge and understanding of contract service specifications and required outcomes including negotiating ability
- High level of energy, innovation, self motivation and enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A full clean drivers licence and agree to background checks
This job is your chance to leave your mark on the lives of whānau in our local community. If you’ve imagined yourself as a part of something great - Please APPLY today.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid work visa.
Resumes or assistance will not be accepted from Recruitment Agencies.