Senior Social Worker - Taitamariki
Te Whānau O Waipareira
Position: Senior Social Worker - Taitamariki
Position Type: Full-Time
Vacancy ID: C0.837393
Salary: Generous Remuneration & Benefits
The good things about this organisation - Ngā painga o tēnei whare
Te Whānau o Waipareira has been serving the West Auckland community for over 35 years and is about building and providing Whānau Ora solutions that support whānau in the community, this is best delivered by testing the boundaries with ideas and collaboration. As we continue to evolve from our success, new opportunities arise that make way for new kaimahi to join our team and become part of our Waipareira story.
The good things:
- Waipareira offers an awesome team and working culture
- A great work life balance and working from home opportunities
- Based in modern premises in the heart of West Auckland Henderson township
- Close to transport hubs and large scale malls, stores and eateries.
- We are committed to providing ongoing professional development and the opportunity for career advancement
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 4% Kiwisaver Employer contributions
About the role - He kōrero whakamārama mō tēnei tūranga
We are currently looking for a Senior Social Worker with a special ability to connect and develop meaningful relationships with tamariki and their whanau who have been referred to our Taitamariki Substance Misuse Service.
This is a youth focused/whanau inclusive service aimed at complimenting existing services in West Auckland. The service provides support, information and an advice programme for taitamariki who are either at increased risk of developing substance misuse problems or those with early stage experimental use of substances and whose parent/s have a substance abuse problem and/or mental illness.
The service is aimed at young people aged 10 – 13 years. As the Senior Social Worker you will contribute to the ongoing development, design and implementation of the Taitamariki Substance Misuse Service.
What you will bring - Nga tohungatanga o tēnei tūranga
- Previous experience working with young Māori (Taitamariki) and their whānau
- Bachelor degree focusing in youth work
- Your Social Workers Registration with Annual Practising Certificate
- Ability to speak Te Reo Māori is advantageous
- Proven knowledge around safe practice, ethical boundaries and accountability
- A commitment to Te Reo me ngā Tikanga Māori
- Knowledge of community groups and services within the Waitākere region
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- A full clean New Zealand driver’s licence
This job is your chance to leave your mark on the lives of whānau in our local community. If you’ve imagined yourself as a part of something great – Please APPLY today.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid work visa.
Resumes or assistance will not be accepted from Recruitment Agencies