Kaitohutohu Matua | Senior Advisor - (Strategic Partnerships) | Flexible
Ministry for the Environment
- Exciting, challenging and impactful work programme
- Supportive and fun team
- Flexible working
- Wellington or Auckland based
Are you an enabler, a connector and a problem solver who can drive action to deliver to a vision?
Deliver more, through Strategic Partnerships
We believe we can achieve more by working together with like-minded others – we call it ‘Partnering with Purpose', using the strength of many to help solve complex environmental problems.
We are looking for two systems-thinkers to join our excellent team of Strategic Partnership specialists, leading system-changing Partnerships with business, innovators, and other groups to support our environmental aspirations.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Advisor to join our team of partnership professionals. In this role you will work independently to identify and articulate Partnerships opportunities and build strong relationships to deliver to common goals, aligned with our policy work programmes and strategic framework.
We need an exceptional, innovative candidate who has demonstrable strengths and experience in establishing Partnerships that support action. Whilst we are looking for climate partnerships expertise our team is dynamic and works flexibly, so your Partnerships portfolio may range across MfE's focus areas, including Partnerships that connect people with nature, reduce waste impacts, activate investment levers to drive environmental change, enable innovation to deliver solutions, and promote a circular and environment-centred economy.
We are a relatively new team, with big ambitions. We are fun, we love to laugh. We are creative, and collaborative. We value robust discussion. We support each other. We have high expectations and which we like to exceed.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- demonstrated ability to lead the development and implementation of Strategic Partnerships and strategic engagement advice, with a focus on climate partnerships but with flexibility to work dynamically across other portfolios including waste, investment, innovation, and biodiversity.
- action oriented, with the ability to think strategically and deliver operationally
- a track record of developing and implementing new environmentally focussed partnerships, engaging on complex problems, and helping people with diverse points of view to collaborate.
- an open mind, curiosity and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- proven ability to work with leaders to translate vision into action
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- high attention to detail and accuracy
- ability to quickly build trust, rapport and credibility with senior leaders
- commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance
- agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- training to competently and effectively engage with Māori as our Treaty Partner, this includes te reo me ona tikanga Māori courses
- active social club and employee networks, including a Māori staff network
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is Te Ao Māori. This means we work with our Treaty partner to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require further information about this position please contact Anna Ririnui at email@example.com
Salary range: $97,033 to $121,984 pa. Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Thursday 11 March 2021