Community Impact - Innovator and Change Agent
- Bring fresh, agile thinking to address our most complex social problems
- Systems change and advocacy, working with communities and agencies
- Strong commitment to Te Ao Māori and Pasifika required
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
Our Community and Social Innovation (CSI) team is in the business of radical social and economic transformation. Our job is to support south and west Auckland communities to become more prosperous and resilient places where tamariki and whānau thrive.
We call our innovators and change agents ‘intrapreneurs’, and as an Intrapreneur you will work inside complex systems to inject innovation and disrupt the status quo of public policy and/or market failure.
To ensure positive outcomes are achieved and systems are transformed, you will construct compelling alternatives based on evidence and effectively communicate those results in ways that win hearts and minds, create a groundswell of support and influence decision-making.
You will need to clearly understand and enable the conditions required for whānau and ‘aiga wellbeing and self-determination. You will support whānau-led co-design processes, developing insights and prototypes in response to outcomes whānau and ‘aiga identify as important. This approach disrupts traditional service-led, expert-led responses to social challenges and results in new capability, capacity, and alternative whānau-led models. You will also support the ‘system’ to work with whānau and ‘aiga in ways that challenges and disrupts the system’s ideas about what its role is in supporting whānau and ‘aiga.
He kōrero mōu: About you
Our intrapreneurs come from a range of professional disciplines but share a commitment to challenge and transform the wider system. For this particular role we are looking for a demonstrated track record and experience in:
- Senior level experience community-led discipline be that community development, education, social research, social or youth work or health.
- Leading innovation or change projects that are community facing and have tangible impacts.
- Managing complex government/local government stakeholders, actively participating in relevant forums while advocating for communities.
- A deep connection to Māori and Pasifika communities.
- Collaboration and co-design work that has unlocked transformational change.
- Exceptional personal resilience, energy and passion to work directly with our communities.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
Join the team responsible for activating social and community innovation in South Auckland. Building on the many strengths and assets of South Auckland, our goal is to activate transformational social and economic change to improve the quality of life, and increase business investment and employment opportunities, for the benefit of all South Aucklanders.
You will work in a stimulating environment and be part of a passionate team committed to social change through progressive economic development. You will join a team of diverse, high performing professionals committed to positive social and economic change. We strongly support flexible working arrangements for our staff.
To apply please include a cover letter that talks to how you have demonstrated genuine innovation and created impact as well as how you have worked directly with communities and at a system level. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please email Melissa Keane at email@example.com
Applications close Wednesday 10 March.