Te Tumu Manaaki ( Cultural Liaison) role
0.6FTE ( 24 hours per week)
The purpose the Te Tumu Manaaki role is to provide support and advocacy service for Māori and Pasifika patients and whānau through the Hospice Mid-Northland programme of care, develop relationships and promote Hospice services within Māori and Pasifika communities and service providers and to provide education, coaching and mentoring to staff to increase the cultural competence of the organisation in ways of working with Māori and Pasifika.
Hospice Mid-Northland are committed to provide a service encompassing the four main themes of the recent Health and Disability review ( Heather Simpson) these are:-
- Ensuring consumers, whānau and communities are at the heart of the system.
- Culture change and more focused leadership.
- Developing more effective te Tiriti based partnerships within health and disability and creating a system that works more effectively for Māori.
- Ensuring the system is integrated and deliberately plans ahead with a longer-term focus.
The responsibilities of this position are expected to change over time as the organisation responds to community needs.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION:
There are three primary objectives of the role:
1. To enhance Hospice Mid-Northlands service delivery to Maori and Pasifika patients and whanau through direct patient and whanau contact in collaboration with the Clinical team
2. To provide guidance, advice, support on the delivery of culturally safe palliative care to patients and their whanau.
3. To create greater awareness of the services Hospice Mid-Northland provide to the Maori and Pasifika communities across the Mid-Northland region.
Our Core Values
- People First - Tuatahi: te mea nui he tangata
- Go the extra mile - Kia anga-mua i nga wa katoa
- Celebrate life and dignify death - Whawhai tia te mate, kia rangatiratia tonu tou to
- We are as one - he iwi kotahi a tatou katoa
- Always educating - Ko tatou rite te iwi Kotahi
- Every dollar counts - Ahakoa te iti te putea e pounamu te wariu
If you are interested please forward a cover letter and your CV to Tracy.email@example.com.
Closing date COB 12th March 2021.
All enquiries and Job description Tel: 09 407 7799