Interim Māori Spectrum Commission
ROLE – Operations Support
AVAILABILITY – Immediate
FULL/PART TIME – Part Time
ARRANGEMENTS – Contract
REPORTING TO CEO – IMSC
LOCATION – Ideally Wellington or Auckland based. There will be some requirement to travel to other parts of NZ to support a series of planned engagement hui.
The Interim Māori Spectrum Commission (IMSC) was established in 2020 to
1. Support the work of the Māori Spectrum Working Group (MSWG)
2. Hold the management rights for early access spectrum for the 5G spectrum in the 3.5GHz band
3. Implement a workplan to develop capacity and capability for Māori within the telecommunications sector.
Over the next year, the IMSC will be working with the Government towards establishment of a permanent entity that will hold Māori spectrum assets. Further information can be found at https://www.maorispectrum.nz/
Providing support to Operational Staff of the Commission including
1. General administration
2. Liaison with Accountants
3. Scheduling of hui
4. Preparation of regular reporting
5. Taking meeting minutes
6. Managing travel, accommodation, bookings
7. Developing and managing the Commissions filing systems
8. Management of Commission policies and procedures.
9. Preparation and monitoring of contracts
10. Monitoring of Budgets
11. Liaison with Government Agencies
12. Desktop Research and Analysis
13. Project Co-ordination
- Good writing skills
- Able to perform administrative tasks accurately and on time.
- Good technical skills
- Ability to support project managers
- Some financial knowledge
- Sound relationship management
- Ability to perform desk research and undertake analysis
- Te Reo Māori a definite advantage
- Must have administration experience
- Must be able to manage finances and budgets, using Xero
- Technologically capable
The person will ideally have experience in administration and in particular, be comfortable with dealing with day to day financial matters, liaising with accountants and able to work with multiple work streams.
There is flexibility in shaping this role to suit skills and the changing requirements of the commission.
The team works virtually and the Operations Support person needs to be comfortable working collaboratively within this environment and be able to anticipate the needs of the team.
This would suit someone who has an interest in telecommunications or technology in general. The person will need to be comfortable working in a tikanga Māori environment including the political environment.
They will take pride in producing high quality work and be comfortable working across a range of external stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no closing date for this position - applications will be reviewed as received and you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible. Applications close when the position is filled.