Senior Academic Staff Member - Pouako
Waikato Institute of Technology
“Wintec’s Te Kura Mō Ngā Mahi Tiaki I Te Hapori (Centre for Health and Social Practice- the Centre) is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Academic Staff Member with proven teaching and research experience.
Apply your professional nursing qualifications and leadership skills to this exciting role, and help shape the future for the next generation of nurses, through the delivery of innovative, quality programmes which will contribute to positive health outcomes for our communities.
About the role
The Centre has a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnership, and our programmes are underpinned by an experiential approach to learning which links work, education, and personal and professional development. Importance is placed upon ensuring that graduates are work-ready and well prepared to gain employment or to enhance and extend employment opportunities.
As a Wintec staff member, through culturally responsive teaching practices you would be facilitating teaching and learning which is learner centred, authentic and inquiry based in the post-graduate and undergraduate nursing programmes.
Wintec offers the full range of nursing qualifications available within New Zealand from enrolled nursing through to Registered Nurse Prescribing and Nurse Practitioner programmes.
This is a senior teaching role that will be supported by participation in research.
This is a permanent part-time position, working 18.75 hours per week.
Are you an ideal candidate?
If you enjoy what you do and you have excellent communication, organisation and IT skills this could be an opportunity for you!
To be successful, you will ideally have:
- A doctoral qualification (or current doctoral candidate) in nursing or a health profession, with a strong clinical, education and/or research background
- Relevant teaching qualification, or be committed to completing a tertiary teaching qualification within two years of employment
- Registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand and hold a current Annual Practising Certificate (or be eligible to apply for both)
- Experience in the education sector and practical clinical knowledge is essential for this position
- Research outputs, within your area of expertise.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and will be required to undergo relevant pre-employment checks.
Working at Wintec
One of New Zealand’s leading tertiary institutes, Wintec’s focus is on innovation and the future. That means we provide opportunities not just for our students, but for our staff as well. You’ll broaden your professional networks through our industry-connected staff and be supported to keep your own career skills up-to-date.
Closing Date: There will be no closing date for this position and the advert may be removed without notice - applications will be reviewed as received and you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
Applications close when position is filled.