Social Worker - Hamilton South
Social Worker, Care and Protection - Hamilton South - permanent, full-time
- Do you want to make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau?
- Join a supportive team who has each other's backs every step of the way by using the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks in this Social Worker role at our Hamilton South site
- Competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki remuneration range, between $56,000 - $102,000
About us - Mō mātou
Our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand's tamariki and rangatahi. We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through the application of our established practice model.
In this role you will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve our goals and demonstrate our values as follows:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
What you will do?
- Be the first port of call when we get urgent crisis and unplanned calls
- Work predominantly in triage and referrals we receive on a daily basis
- Gather and collate information about the triage or referral to understand whether it's Oranga Tamariki business or not
- Decide what the next steps of the process will be and get in touch with the right people
- Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
- Make assessments regarding the safety and wellbeing of the tamariki and rangatahi
- Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
- Become an expert and specialise in triage and referrals
What you will bring?
- A tertiary social work qualification
- A full, clean, valid driver's licence
- An experience working within the care and protection sector in a social work capacity in New Zealand
- Registration with the Social Work Registration Board
- Strong knowledge and experience of what Oranga Tamariki does and how we work
- Resilience, initiative and a proactive approach
- Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
- Sound judgement, time management and organisational skills
- The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
- Cultural awareness and confidence to back yourself
- Flexibility with ability to adapt to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Knowledge of Te Reo would be a plus
- A positive outlook and supporting nature
What's in it for you - Nōu te rourou
In return we will be able to offer you the opportunity to work in a rewarding and challenging work environment that truly makes a difference to the community.
We also offer unique staff benefits which includes interesting health and banking packages. The ability to have a flexible working environment is also in practice. Being a Ministry that is caring and nurturing, we value the best interest for the people we serve and our employees where regular training and support in on-going professional development is appreciated.
If this sounds like you, hit apply now!
What team you will work with?
Our Hamilton South team are constantly raising the bar with the work they do together. Our site is the one of the busiest sites in New Zealand and we regularly recognise our people's hard work by sharing success stories over lunch and giving out nice awards. Our Social Workers have a great opportunity to work in an area of social work that they enjoy or would like to get exposure on and become specialists doing it. This means you are never over run or overlapping your work and have more time to do your job effectively. Being a high Māori demography in Hamilton, we are learning as much as we can about the culture and why it's so important. Support will be given to those who want to develop or learn Te Reo along with any other relevant training to help you excel as a Social Worker.
How to apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
All applications must be submitted online.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla on Sravani.firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as applications close Wednesday, 3 March 2021.
To see more about this exciting role, check out the position description below: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/social-worker-position-description.pdf