Design freelancers and contractors
We’re looking for experienced freelance designers to join our awesome team on a contracting basis.
The Springload whānau is the largest digital agency in Wellington. We encourage our Springloaders to thrive at work and at home. We’ve got great clients, challenging projects, and a collaborative, friendly workspace. There’s always plenty of healthy snacks available, People’s Coffee brewing, and craft beer in the fridge. We’re passionate about sustainability and are a certified B Corporation. We’re committed to walking the walk on our values.
Springload is part of Diversity Works — we celebrate different perspectives and we’re committed to creating an equal, inclusive, and diverse workplace. Our team comes from all over the world and almost half are women.
Women, Māori and Pasifika, and members of the rainbow community are strongly encouraged to apply to our roles. We know we’re doing better work for our end users and our clients if we have a diverse mix of people on our team. We want vibrancy, language, culture, experiences, and abilities to brighten up our office and bring diversity of thought to our team. If there is anything we can do to help you during the recruitment or interview process, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
- a whānau-friendly, flexible workplace
- highly talented teammates who strive to create world-class experiences that make people's lives better and help the planet too
- the chance to work with some incredible organisations on projects that have the potential to make a huge impact on the lives of every day New Zealanders
- the opportunity to create world-class, innovative work
Due to current immigration restrictions, we will only be looking at applicants already in Aotearoa New Zealand for this role.
Springload is looking to create a list of trusted and talented digital designers to help us with some exciting opportunities throughout 2021, and be part of our Experience team on a contracting/freelance basis.
Our Experience team is a mix of researchers, strategists, designers, and writers all working together to solve problems. We’re looking for people who enjoy working collaboratively to design beautiful and functional things.
Design isn’t just how pretty something looks, but also how it works, so we’re looking for people with expertise in
- experience design
- brand and design systems
- responsive web design
- mobile app design
- UI and interaction design
- interactive motion design.
You are proactive, collaborative and pick things up quickly. Your experience places you at the intermediate or senior practitioner level.
You are passionate about design, and you’ve developed your craft and critical thinking through study and professional experience. Your curiosity drives you to experiment and learn new skills, and you seek out feedback and use it to make your design better.
You have a fundamental understanding (and love!) of digital design and typography, experience with digital tools such as Figma or Sketch (and analog tools like a notebook and pencil). You love to prototype and test out your ideas with others, caring about usability and accessibility. You might have tinkered and built them for real!
For this role you'll be:
- passionate about what you do and driven by a desire to be great
- a great problem solver with independent self-direction
- Warm and authentic, with people at the heart of what you do
- fully capable of working directly with clients, vendors and other third party contacts
- always showing curiosity and desire to keep growing and learning
- eligible to work in New Zealand
- an undergraduate degree (BA) in Digital, Interactive or Graphic Design, or equivalent experience, and
- 4-6 years experience with interactive design, preferably with a leading agency or consultancy focused on user experience
Other experience we'd love:
- experience and knowledge of te ao Māori, particularly from a design perspective
- experience collaborating with front-end development teams.