Energy and Utilities Operation Trainee (Edendale)
Contract Type: Full-time Permanent
- Make your passion your craft and kick start your career with the support of a great team
- Train onsite at our world class manufacturing sites using a range of specialized equipment and machinery
- Opportunity to develop and complete New Zealand Certificate in Energy and Chemical Operations Level 3 and Level 4
- Be a part of our grassroots team, that will help our fast-paced journey on the adoption of some exciting new Energy technologies to reduce our overall carbon footprint
We are a proud New Zealand Co-operative built by generations of farming whānau. We believe nutritious food is essential to sustain people today, and for future generations to thrive, which is why we challenge ourselves to find new ways to bring our dairy goodness to people around the world.
About the opportunity
If you enjoy fixing things and are curious about how things work, as well as having a passion for your development, this could be the opportunity for you! As an Energy and Utilities Operation Trainee based at our Edendale site, you’ll gain first-hand experience whilst learning from industry experts with the opportunity to expand your future career opportunities.
Our Edendale site is New Zealand's oldest dairy processing site, where a commendation was received in the Mega Efficiency Impact category of the 2016 NZI Sustainable Business Network Awards after making improved efficiencies across the site.
Day to day you’ll be working with and operating a range of assets including Boilers, Refrigeration plants, Water Treatment plants and Air Compressors. You will gain exposure to new and upcoming technologies, being part of a team looking to pave the way in the industry with innovative sustainable energy solutions.
You’ll work across different manufacturing sites within the region to gain more experience in specialist technical skills, whilst also being supported through your training and work towards gaining ENCHEM Level 4. On site you’ll be working from Monday to Friday initially and will eventually progress into our shift pattern, so you need to have the ability to be flexible with working hours.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys being hands on and is eager to learn more! You’ll have experience working with machinery and equipment or in a trade related role and an interest in the bigger picture. With the ability to think on your feet when a problem pops up, a great work ethic and a love working in a team, this could be your chance to stamp your influence on the future!
Other key skills and experience include:
- Enjoys problem solving, a quick learner who adapts to change easily
- Must have a trade qualification
- Confident with emerging technology and a strong engineering aptitude
- Interest in continuous improvement as well as Health and Safety
- A minimum restricted driver license with a commitment to secure your full drivers’ licence
- Achieved NCEA Level 2 in English, Maths and a related Science (Physics or Chemistry) or equivalent
Overall, it’s your positive attitude and your ambition that will set you apart!
Whanaungatanga, our Co-operative spirit gives us all a common strength and purpose. Manaakitanga is how we care for all our people who are at the heart of what we do, we want our farmers, employees, customers and communities to thrive. Kaitiakitanga, ensures we take care of the land. We are committed to farming in a way that regenerates our farms and environment for future generations.
Whakaohooho constantly inspires ourselves and each other with great career development opportunities and benefits. We enable flexibility and balance to suit everyone’s lifestyles and choices.
Our Co-operative is a place where everyone can be themselves, feel empowered to do their best.
Sound good to you? Come join our whānau. You, me, Us Together Tātou tātou.