Client Services Senior Consultant
- Join our team of 50 Tax and Private skilled professionals
- Opportunity to be part of a leading global organisation with endless possibilities
- Growth, training and development provided
Our vibrant Rotorua office is comprised of team members located across the wider Bay of Plenty region. The Bay of Plenty is fast becoming the lifestyle destination of choice for professional couples, families and people that have a passion for life and the outdoors. Rotorua is famous for its mountain biking and tourism offerings and is easily accessible to nearly 50% of the country’s population.
Deloitte Rotorua provides Virtual GM (or Virtual General Management) services to a large and growing number of successful organisations (public and private), Iwi entities and Māori trusts in the Central North Island and wider Bay of Plenty. We are currently looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Virtual GM team.
This role will assist the Partners in the delivery of our Virtual GM role with specific clients and will include client facing delivery of services. You will work within an experienced and structured team of like-minded individuals who are providing exceptional high quality services to our clients. You will work alongside our Deloitte leaders and closely with the Chairs of our client entities.
The team provides day to day management services for our clients implementing Board decisions and we have high expectations around your ability to provide timely and professional support services. Our Virtual GM team provides a broad range of services including – Māori land trust administration, provision of secretarial and management services, Governance decision support, assistance with asset management and strategic planning, and interactions with shareholders and beneficiaries of Māori Trust and iwi organisations.
Deloitte Rotorua also provide Virtual CFO, Business Advisory, and Consulting services to these same clients offering a full suite of end to end solutions.
- Tertiary degree – Bachelor Degree in Law, Management or the Arts
- Minimum of 4+ work experience in a relevant role in the Māori sector and have a passion for this mahi
- Able to speak Te Reo Māori and have a knowledge of tikanga Māori
- Have an understating of Te Ture Whenua Maori Act 1993 and Māori Land management structures
- Strong communication skills and an ability to build client relationships
Benefits of working for Deloitte:
- Training and development opportunities to progress your career
- Two days additional annual leave (accountants day and birthday leave)
- Health insurance subsidy
- Flexibility for work-life balance
Apply online or contact Sharon Manoharan (09 303 0728) for a confidential chat about the role if required. Please you must hold a valid and current New Zealand work visa to apply for this role.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.