Social Worker (141 Disability Social Worker), Care & Protection – Hamilton – Permanent, Full Time
Do you want to make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau? Join a caring, supportive team who use the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks at our site in this full time Social Worker role.
What you will bring?
• A full, clean, valid driver’s licence
• Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
• A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
• Good understanding and experience working in the disability sector would be advantageous
• The ability to analyse and prepare social work and financial plans
• Sound judgement skills
• Strong organisational skills
• The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
• Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
• Good written skills as you will need to write court reports and case notes
• A positive outlook and supporting nature
What you will do?
• Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them or their whānau to make positive changes
• Work alongside various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
• Complete initial safety checks and assessments on the child, young person and family
• Be involved in planning what social work to maintain tamariki and rangatahi within their whānau is required to be delivered
• Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
• Transition children and young people back to their families or into their forever home
• Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
What’s on offer?
• A salary range between $56,100 - $102,000
• Flexible work opportunities and full compensation for any overtime hours worked
• A great, respectful team environment who celebrate each other’s successes
• Reimbursement for your annual practicing fee
• Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
• Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
• Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee; please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any queries, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla on email@example.com
Hurry as applications close the 2 February 2021
Please do not apply for this vacancy if you are not registered with the Social Work Registration Board (SWRB). Instead please follow the below links to be considered accordingly:
• If you are a student studying social work or a social work graduate, please apply here - https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=34785&company=ministryofP&st=429319EDA83F55C02D6F1F2A71578B1674157946
• If you are an experienced social worker who hasn’t registered or is waiting to hear back regarding their application for registration, please apply here - https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=34786&company=ministryofP&st=46B9ED700ECE606853CB9B79672703587A506E2A