Senior Recruitment Advisor
Department of Conservation
Are you an experienced Recruiter looking for an exciting new challenge? Ever considered utilising your expertise to contribute to conservation?
Te Papa Atawhai is creating an inhouse recruitment function to provide higher quality, more efficient and future focussed recruitment support to the organisation. We are looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team who feel inspired, day in day out and connected to our united purpose: Papatūānuku Thrives.
Toitū te marae a Tāne, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata. If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
As our next Senior Recruitment Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Providing professional advice, support and guidance to assist managers throughout the end to end recruitment process
- Developing and implementing strategies to support our diversity goals and commitment to partnering with whānau, hapū and iwi
- Developing talent attraction strategies to ensure we find the best candidates available on the market
- Partnering with managers to develop appropriate selection criteria, advertisements, interview questions and pre-screening questions if required
- Providing advice and or completing post interview assessments such as reference checks and aptitude testing
- Providing exceptional candidate care and ensuring recruitment processes align with all relevant employment legislation
- Working with the Capability Development Team to develop and assist in recruitment training and coaching for managers
He kōrero mōu: What we are looking for
- Significant core recruitment experience in either in-house/RPO or agency roles
- Demonstrated experience providing recruitment coaching, advice and guidance to business leaders with confidence
- The ability to engage effectively in a Māori setting and the willingness to learn karakia, pepeha and local tikanga to support productive working relationships
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice talent acquisition models
- An understanding of talent acquisition strategies to attract a diverse workforce
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with a diverse range of staff across the country
- Public Sector experience
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What's in it for you?
A fantastic supportive and collaborative working environment. Being the multiple award winner of the most attractive employer in the public sector (and second overall) with an average turnover beyond 10 years, we know people generally really enjoy working with us!
We offer a range of flexible working options depending on the needs of the role and its work context.
We highly value the new expertise and fresh perspectives brought into the organisation. This is your chance to support our Kaupapa and contribute to our culture of continuous improvement.
Excellent development opportunities across the Department.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Please apply online via the DOC Careers Centre with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements above.
For any enquiry, please contact Jess Dalbeth on 027 619 9283 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 25 January 2021.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.