Kaitātari Mōhiohio Hangarau | Information Technology Analyst
Ministry for the Environment
Fixed Term/Secondment to June 2021 (with possible extension)
- Immediate start
- Exciting and fast paced environment
- Flexible working
Opportunity to join a dynamic team and and enhance your reporting expertise.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are looking for an experienced, forward thinking analyst to deliver high quality business intelligence reporting.
We are looking for someone with creative flair who can help enhance our reporting systems, and create innovative ideas as to how we best share and utilise information.
You will be responsible for the ongoing management of our reporting dashboard and provide monthly reports to our Executive Leadership team.
A key focus of the role will be to identify and drive opportunities for improvement, to ensure we maximise the reporting systems we use.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
We are looking for candidates with experience in empowering, inspiring, being visible and accessible to teams. You will be open to having ideas challenged, and drive a culture of continuous improvement where learning and development is valued.
Our ideal candidate will also bring:
- strong understanding of cloud services, as-a-service trends, and other emergent technology trends
- advanced MS Excel skills
- the ability to engage with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels to achieve targets and meet objectives
- strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- a passion for delivery and a strong customer focus
- a ‘can do' attitude within a team environment and a solutions focused approach to problem solving
- an understanding of the machinery of government
- commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance
- agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- training to competently and effectively engage with Māori as our Treaty Partner, this includes te reo me ona tikanga Māori courses
- active social club and employee networks, including a Māori staff network
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is Te Ao Māori. This means we work with our Treaty partner to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require further information about this position please contact Elias Wyber at Elias.Wyber@mfe.govt.nz
Salary band: $69,848 pa to $87,808 pa. Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Tuesday, 26 January 2021