Health Care Assistant Development Programme
Waitematā District Health Board
- Have you wanted to take a step towards a career in Health but haven’t yet?
- Is manaakitanga in Healthcare important to you?
- We are inviting Tangata Māori to become Health Care Assistants through our Health Care Assistant Programme.
Ko wai mātou (Who are we)
Our promise to the Waitematā Community is Best Care for everyone. Our purpose is to promote wellness, relieve suffering and prevent, cure and ameliorate ill health through great patient experience and better outcomes for all our people.
At Waitematā DHB we provide care to diverse communities and are committed to achieving health equity and oranga for our communities. We are working hard to support and develop a workforce equipped to deliver “brilliant”,” compassionate” and “connected” care to our people. The Health Care Assistant Programme is a way to become a Health Care Assistant through on the Job training, guided by our Wonderful Nurse Educators and Charge Nurse Managers.
He korero whakamārama, mō tēnei tūranga (About the role)
To be eligible for the programme you must be;
- Of Māori descent
- Have no Health Care Assistant Qualifications and have no working experience in being a Health Care Assistant
- Be able to work all shifts, this includes;
- Day shifts, late shifts, night shifts
- Week days and weekends
- Be able to work at both North Shore or Waitakere Hospital.
We are looking for people who are;
- Caring and positive with a warm personality
- Genuine interest to help people and provide best patient experience
- Honesty and reliability
- Punctuality and timeliness are key in the HCA role
- Reasonable physical fitness
- Be able to carry and lift objects
- Ability to work and stand up for up to 8 hours each day
- Follow up on duties; accuracy and attention to duties are key attributes of our Health Care Assistants
- Clean and smart personal presentation is also important
What you will gain;
- Permanent Employment opportunity
- Certification towards being a Health Care Assistant
- Access to free Professional Learning Development, including Te Reo Māori and Tikanga courses
- Access to apply for Professional Development such as, further Tertiary Studies related to Health
- The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of our people in Health care and contribute to better outcomes for our community
- Work with a great family of Health care workers
If this sounds like you we would love for you to get in touch or apply now. Our Next intake is 22 March 2020.
Please apply online by visiting our website at www.wdhbcareers.com quoting reference number JOB NUMBER NOR06733
For queries or assistance with your application please contact Charlene Macrae, Māori Workforce Recruitment Consultant on email@example.com
Job Number: NOR06733
Closing date: 05 February 2020