Lead Adviser Sector Engagement
Ministry of Education
Lead Adviser, Sector Engagement Team
Permanent role based in Wellington
The Sector Enablement and Support Group of the Ministry of Education is the key interface between the Ministry and the education sector. The group ensure sector leaders and the communities they serve have access to the expertise, programmes and resources that will allow all children and young people to reach their full potential in the education system and beyond.
The lead adviser role focuses mainly on editing, proof reading and other internal communications within the group, but also manages the external sector publication: Ministry Bulletin for School Leaders | He Pitopito Kōrero.
Joining our group's Resourcing and Early Learning Delivery area, you will be a highly organised, customer-focused person.
You will also be an experienced communications professional keen to maintain the high standards in place for coordinating and distributing Ministry information to stakeholders.
Excellent knowledge of the English language is essential, and you will have an eye for detail including being an accomplished proof-reader.
Also crucial to your success as lead adviser in the sector engagement team will be:
- Able to work with diverse internal stakeholders and manage conflicting requirements.
- In depth understanding of how to create customer-focused information in plain English.
- Experience producing and editing a range of content.
- Ability to use and quickly adapt to changing technology.
- Listening, leading, influencing and collaborating skills.
- Proactive work style and can-do attitude.
- Sound judgment, high level of initiative and common sense.
- Resilience to stay on course in a complex and demanding environment.
- Ability to contribute to Ministry goals for Māori.
- Confidence to visit schools or early learning services if required.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to the education achievement of children and young people in this busy role.
For a confidential enquiry or more information please email email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm Friday 22 January 2021.