Nurse Advisor, Māmā, Pēpi, & Tamariki (0-12)
Māmā, Pēpi, & Tamariki (0-12)
Negotiable FTE .8 – 1.0.
Working across the Mid and Far North
We are looking for a Registered Nurse who has a commitment to ensuring equitable access to services for Māmā, Pēpi, Tamariki Māori across Te Tai Tokerau and who can demonstrate a collaborative and engaging working style in providing leadership and advice to the wider nursing workforce to strengthen integrated models of care, and improve the quality and performance of primary healthcare service delivery.
This is a role that will work collaboratively with Māori and Community Health Providers, General Practices, Healthcare professionals and colleagues to building a sustainable primary healthcare system for Northland that encompasses community engagement and a what matters to Whānau approach.
About Mahitahi Hauora
Mahitahi Hauora is a primary health entity established to transform how primary healthcare is delivered in Northland. Our organisation operates as a Trust, is not for profit and works to support a primary health care system that sustains equitable self-determined wellbeing and ensures every person in Northland can live a long and healthy life.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse preferably with 5 years’ experience in primary health nursing, paediatric or women’s health nursing, nursing leadership, teach and/or research to support our Māmā Pēpi and Tamariki (0-12) Portfolio and Localities projects. The role will primarily be responsible for:
- Developing and progressing locality-based planning
- Identifying key focus opportunities to address and improve Māmā, Pēpi and Tamariki within a locality environment
- Working collaboratively with all primary care providers, health and social in an integrated approach to improving the wellbeing of Māmā, Pēpi and Tamariki to ensure a good start in life.
This position will report to the Portfolio & Locality Leader Māmā, Pēpi and Tamariki and works closely with other Locality teams, Change and What matters to Whānau Teams, and Workforce Teams.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC), with the Nursing Council of NZ
- Have achieved or be working towards post graduate study
- A commitment to ensuring equitable access to services for Māmā, Pēpi and Tamariki Māori
- A background in health or Community engagement and development
- Demonstrable experience in engaging networks and growing collaborative support
- An understanding of the health and social issues facing our Māmā, Pēpi and Tamariki in our communities
- A demonstrable passion for the improvement in the wellbeing of our Tamariki
- A current un-encumbered full drivers’ licence
An understanding or experience working in the complexities of the primary healthcare environment would be an advantage. This position will be working predominantly across the Mid North area, so an understanding of communities in that region will be an advantage.
You must have a current NZ work visa and the legal right to work in NZ.
A detailed position description and Application for Employment form can be downloaded from our website www.mahitahihauora.co.nz.
If you have the skills for this role and passion to be part of this exciting team, please apply by forwarding your covering letter, CV and Application for Employment Form to Joanne Mason, HR Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: Friday 22nd January 2021
Applicants will be responded to in the week of the 11th January 2021.