Kaiāwhina, Transition Support Worker - Mental Health & Addiction Services
Nelson Marlborough Health
- Join the team providing support to an individual with complex mental health and disability needs
- Two six month, fixed-term positions each working 20 hours a week (0.5FTE)
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
You will provide support to an individual with complex mental health and disability needs to transition from hospital to home. It will be essential that you develop a positive trusting relationship with the person and will support with rehabilitation activities within the hospital, home and in the community.
Hours of work will predominantly be between 9.00AM to 4.00PM Monday to Friday. However, you may be required to work some weekends.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
You will have:
- a NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 3) or equivalent is preferred, as recognised by the Ministry of Health. Mental Health and Addictions, or Peer Support strands are preferred.
- experience working within a Mental Health & Addictions environment and be able to demonstrate successful experience of working from a recovery, competency-based, solution focused framework.
- a respectful and positive attitude, excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a professional, flexible and methodical manner, demonstrating honesty, reliability and appropriate use of initiative.
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
You will be joining a great team that values teamwork and is committed to supporting the best possible health and wellbeing outcomes for the people we support.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough's largest employer, which means the opportunities here are endless. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
Keen to apply now, it's easy. Please fill in our online application form.
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or 03 546 1274. Alternatively for role specific information please contact Rita Van Iddekinge, Manager Operational Support at Rita.Vaniddekinge@nmdhb.govt.nz
Applications close on Sunday, 17 January 2021.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.