Kaihautū - Centre Manager
Te Puna Reo o Ngā Kākano
We are after a centre manager who can hit the ground running. You will be responsible for the daily operation of the centre including staffing, enrolments and marketing as well as leading and developing a high-quality place-based curriculum. You will also be required to foster strong relationships with whānau as well as other education and community stakeholders.
You will need to:
- be motivated, empathetic and highly organised
- bring a Māori worldview to an ECE setting and be committed to te reo Māori me ōna tikanga
- be knowledgeable in ECE leadership, relationships, teaching, curriculum, regulation and review
- support and mentor kaiako to provide a high-quality educational programme for our tamariki
- build solid relationships with tamariki and their whānau
- work well with other leaders, contributing, taking feedback and building a successful management team in the centre
We also want someone who has:
- Teachers certification with an ECE or primary qualification
- Centre management experience (is preferred), or solid leadership experience and looking to move into a centre manager role
- Strong experience in leading, inspiring and mentoring a teaching team
- High level of fluency in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori (desirable) We are an urban based Punareo located in Thorndon, Wellington.
We are licenced for 45 tamariki and have a staff of 10 kaiako, one administrator and one kaitunu (cook). Te reo me ngā tikanga Māori and environmental sustainability are our key foundations. For more information about the centre check out our website. www.punareo.co.nz
For a copy of the position description, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0274528601.