Kaiako, Te Reo Rangatira
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
The vision of whānau transformation through education is at the heart of everything we do at here at Te Wānanga o Aotearoa and it remains our long-term objective to be the pre-eminent provider of mātauranga Māori education in Aotearoa.
Te Reo Rangatira is our dedicated space for teaching Te Reo Māori. Ranging from He Pī Ka Pao (Level 2) to Te Pīnakitanga ki te reo Kairangi (Level 7), Te Reo Rangatira offers all New Zealanders, with any level of ability, an opportunity to learn Te Reo and deepen their understanding of our indigenous culture.
As a Kaiako in Te Reo Rangatira, you will need to hold a Te Reo Māori qualification one level above the programme you’ll be teaching or have a written endorsement from a Māori organisation or Kaumātua confirming your ability and knowledge of te reo me ngā āhuatanga Māori.
We have the following Kaiako positions in this space:
- Te Ara Reo Māori, He Pī Ka Pao (Level 1&2)
- Te Ara Reo Māori, He Pī Ka Rere (Level 3&4)
- Te Pūtaketanga o te reo (Level 4, full immersion)
- Te Rōnakitanga ki te reo Kairangi (Level 5, full immersion)
- Te Aupikitanga ki te reo Kairangi (Level 6, full immersion)
- Te Pīnakitangi ki te reo Kairangi (Level 7, full immersion)
We have vacancies for some of these positions all over the motu (country). If you would like to be considered for a Kaiako position in Te Reo Rangatira, please express your interest by clicking apply now and one of our recruitment team members will contact you shortly.