National Practicum Co-ordinator - Education
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi is a vibrant and exciting tertiary education institution which offers a range of programmes from certificates to doctorates, across a range of disciplines.
We are looking for a National Practicum Co-ordinator to support students of Te Tohu Paetahi Ako – Bachelor of Education (Teaching) programme to meet the practicum requirements of the programme.
In this position, you will be responsible for negotiating practicum placements for all approved sites of delivery across the country. This will include facilitating the completion of contractual requirements with service providers, communicating with service providers and specific associate teachers, and implementing teaching practice processes and procedures. In this role you will also liaise with colleague lecturers who are responsible for briefing and assessing students to prepare for practicum placement.
Our successful applicant will hold current teacher registration and also have:
- A minimum of a master’s degree in Education
- At least five years primary teaching experience (Māori Medium or English Medium).
- A teaching qualification.
- A teaching status at Full Practice Certified
- Tertiary teaching experience, ideally delivering Bachelor of Education (Teaching) course papers.
- A current unrestricted private motor vehicle licence.
Knowledge of Tikanga Māori and the ability to kōrero Te Reo Māori to at least an intermediate level of competency is required as Te Tohu Paetahi Ako is a Māori Medium Level 2 programme.
We offer a supportive working environment.