Management Lead - Whānau Ora
Te Whānau O Waipareira
Are you a dynamic leader who enjoys coaching and mentoring?
Can you build and develop relationships easily?
Enjoy an environment where one day is not like the other?
Who Are We - Ko wai mātou
Te Whānau O Waipareira Trust has been serving the West Auckland community for over 35 years. One of the largest NGOs in New Zealand, with over 200 staff, we are currently looking to grow and expand the business into the wider region.
About the role - He kōrero whakamārama mō tēnei tūranga
The Waipareira whānau are looking for an experienced Management Lead for their frontline integrated services team, known as 'Kōrure Whānau'. You will be one of four Management Leads, ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of integrated services are aligned to the overarching Whānau Ora framework and philosophy. Working together with the wider team within the West Auckland community, supporting whānau to achieve their self-determined aspirations and wellbeing in the social, health, education and justice areas.
The ability to network and to build relationships easily will be a prominent part of the job.
What you will bring - Nga tohungatanga o tēnei tūranga
- A working knowledge of Whānau Ora and the implementation of this within an organisation
- Knowledge and understanding of Te Āo Māori
- Minimum of 5 years in a management role inclusive of business management
- Experience in personnel management, supervision, recruitment and evaluation
- Experience in growing organisational capability and capacity
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead in a proactively diverse and inclusive team
- Effective problem solving and mediation skills as well as demonstrated ability to multitask and work in a fast paced setting
- A knowledge and understanding of contract service specifications and required outcomes including negotiating ability
- High level of energy, innovation, self motivation and enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A full clean drivers licence and agree to background checks
The good things about this organisation - Ngā painga o tēnei whare
We can offer an awesome team and working culture in modern premises in the heart of West Auckland Henderson township. Just a 2 minute walk from rail/bus transport hub and large-scale malls, stores and eateries. We provide 5 weeks annual leave, 4% Kiwisaver Employer contributions, promote a work life balance and are committed to providing ongoing professional development.
If you have the right skills, experience and a passion to support the community – please view the Job Description and APPLY today.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid work visa.
Resumes or assistance will not be accepted from Recruitment Agencies.