International Business Development Manager
Moana New Zealand
Moana New Zealand is the largest Māori owned fisheries company in New Zealand. All profits we make are returned to Māori in the form of dividends, with the balance retained to fund long term growth initiatives of Moana New Zealand. Aotearoa Fisheries is an important part of the inter-generational Māori Fisheries Settlement with the Crown. The nature of that settlement means that Māori will always be involved in fisheries; activities and investments have a long-term perspective. These settlement assets can never be sold. We take a uniquely long-term view in everything we do, abiding by the customary principle of Kaitiakitanga.
Reporting to the General Manager- Sales & Innovation, you will play an integral role in the development and execution of a sales and marketing strategy that drives sustainable growth of Moana’s Ready to Eat (RTE) business, locally and internationally.
Your focus will be to build an annual work programme, that supports the achievement of Moana’s international growth strategy. Fostering new and existing partnerships with a diverse portfolio of customers, you will utilise market intelligence to inform and guide the RTE market development strategy and commercialisation of projects.
You will have responsibility for the strategic and commercial success of the international RTE business:
- Full product management; pricing, budgeting & forecasting & business planning
- Establish & grow export customer base & premium retail supermarket trade – USA, Australia & China
- Partner international e-commerce platforms and key e-retailers
- Robust sales processes & systems
- Merchandising and promotional strategies
- Performance & reporting against critical KPIs
Digital is the growth engine for the future, and you will lead and mentor initiatives that drive the growth of digital revenue across key channels.
As a brand champion, you will have the ability to successfully identify and convert international market opportunities , while developing and safeguarding the Moana New Zealand brand, image and reputation
What You Will Bring:
This is a challenging and rewarding role, and requires an ambitious, resilient and entrepreneurial sales and business professional. With the opportunity to grow a business internationally, you will bring proven commercial skills, including:
- Expertise in export & e-retail business development and account management
- Global experience, with exposure to the Asian, European and/or USA markets
- Development & execution of e-retail sales strategy
- Ability to gather market and competitor intelligence
- Strategic planning, sales and process excellence
- Negotiation of legal agreements, financial planning & robust compliance practices
- Management and protection of intellectual property
As a culture builder, who possesses a natural leadership ability which brings people together, you will be able to operate and gain respect from the factory floor right through to executive and board levels.
Working cross culturally, you will have a versatile way of working, a reputation for developing trusted, and sustainable relationships and a drive to succeed.
Previous experience growing e-retail and e-commerce partners, within FMCG is essential. Must be able to travel within NZ and internationally.
If you want to be part of shaping the future of Moana New Zealand, we welcome your application of interest.
Please send your resume and application letter, C/o Moana’s Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject box please put the job title.
Applications close 12:00 pm, 4 December 2020.
Please note you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.