Business Case Writer
JacksonStone & Partners
- Work closely with the Business Case Lead
- Showcase your excellent Business Case writing skills
- Fixed term to April 2022
Manaaki tangata, Manaaki whānau
Ministry of Social Development (MSD) helps New Zealanders to be safe, strong and independent. It strives for New Zealanders to get the support they require, be resilient, live in inclusive and supportive communities, participate positively in society and reach their potential.
Te Pae Tawhiti – ‘Our Future’ is MSD’s strategic direction. It sets out how MSD is going to bring about positive changes in the wellbeing of the people, whānau, families and communities it serves.
To make the biggest difference it can for New Zealanders, it is focusing on three areas:
- Mana manaaki - is about looking after the dignity of people with warmth, listening, respect, compassion, openness and fairness.
- Kotahitanga - is about unity and collective action, working together with whānau, families, hapū, iwi, providers, communities and other government agencies.
- Kia takatū tātou - underpins the intention to prepare for future realities and take a long-term approach to community, regional and economic development.
The Organisational Planning, Performance and Governance (OPPG) unit will host and support the development of a business case and plans to ensure the continuation and progression of MSD’s future state work, to deliver to the intent of Te Pae Tawhiti.
The design of service model components has been progressed, but further work is needed to develop the service model, provide more detail on the broader future state to support portfolios, and advance specific business cases in relation to a commitment to further funding.
Reporting to the GM Strategy and Performance, the Business Case Writer will work closely with the Business Case Lead and associated project teams on the development of a high-quality enterprise business case. The Business Case Writer will pull together all the strands of the business case process, from workshops to review and quality assessment under the guidance of the Business Case Manager.
Attributes sought include:
- Experience with the business case framework and its application for decisions going to Cabinet for approval
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Resilience and passion to thrive in an environment of pace and change and bring others on the journey
The position will suit someone who thrives in ‘the engine room” of writing a business case. The ideal candidate will relate well to colleagues across the organisation and have a track record of delivering high quality and timely work.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday, 27 November 2020
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Helen Cox on 04 550 8000