Social Worker - 12 months secondment/fixed-term
- Supportive team environment
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- Role based in Hawke's Bay - a region rightly known to produce some of the world's best wine
About us - Mō mātou
Are you passionate in making a real difference to New Zealand's tamariki and rangatahi? Are you an innovative Social Work practitioner who is committed to developing a strong and trusting relationships with whanau, hapu and Iwi?
In this role you will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve our goals and demonstrate our values as follows:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children, currently have an opportunity for a Social Worker to join our high performing, creative and innovative team in Hawke's Bay.
About the role - Mō te tūnga
In this role, you will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their families along with external agencies and communities. You will be focusing on permanency and to support tamariki to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through application of our established practice model: You will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve this goal. You will also be sharing your creativity and using preventative strategies to ensure vulnerable communities are best fortified and be empowered to service their own.
We are a fast-paced workplace, where no two days are the same and you need the resilience to manage the changing environment in which we work.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to will include the following:
- A recognised Social Worker qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Worker Registration Board
- To demonstrate resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- To uphold the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- To have a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver's licence
What's in it for you - Nōu te rourou
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki's remuneration range, between NZ$55,000 - NZ$100,000
- On-going professional development
- Access to corporate health fund discounts and a banking package with Westpac
How to apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Andrew Louis at email@example.com
Applications close Friday, 27 November 2020.