Ngāpuhi Iwi Social Services
MOEMOEA - Ngāpuhi Motuhake
TE TUAPAPA - Te Whaorua
Mā Ngāpuhi anō e kawe, mā Ngāpuhi, me Ngāpuhi, mo Ngāpuhi
This is a unique opportunity to make a real impact through your work. Ngāpuhi Iwi Social Services (NISS) and Youth Horizons/ Kia Puawai are partnering to provide therapeutic services to taitamariki and whānau in Te Tai Tokerau (Northland).
You will be working with taitamariki and their whānau in their own home to tautoko and enable them to thrive in their communities. This evidence-based programme has been developed to support whānau with children from birth to 18 years. These services provide whānau with a range of treatment strategies including family therapy, skills training and problem solving strategies. As Cultural Advisor, you will bring a Te Ao Māori or Ngāpuhitanga world view coupled with effective social work practice to enhance our whānau in a programme that is proven to work.
While being based at the NISS office in Kaikohe this role is highly mobile, and you will spend a large part of your week in whānau homes and traveling around the mid north area.
- Passionate about working with whānau and taitamariki
- Full driving license
- Able to meet the children's workforce MSD and Police vetting requirements.
- Able to work flexible hours (including some late afternoon and early-evenings)
- Extensive knowledge of issues impacting on Ngāpuhi their communities, and an ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Māori, in both English and te reo Māori
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals, whānau and communities from a strength-based, culturally appropriate perspective.
- Registered Social Worker
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in psychology, psychotherapy, social work, or other related mental health field
To receive a job-descriptions and/or find out more about these positions, please contact: Leilani
Ph: 09 401 5548
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 2nd December 2020.