Kaiwhakahaere Tikanga | Tikanga Manager
Odyssey supports tāngata whai ora (people seeking wellness) to live the lives they want, free from alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We are known for providing effective, evidence-based services that support wellbeing, and we do this in partnership whai ora and their whānau.
We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
A new opportunity has arisen for an individual who is passionate about Māori Tikanga/Te Reo Māori, has demonstrated knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and experience of delivering cultural programmes.
As Kaiwhakahaere Tikanga you will play a key role in:
- Supporting the delivery of services at Odyssey that honours Te Tiriti o Waitangi,
- Leading, promoting and supporting the development of an organisational culture that accurately reflects positive aspects of Te Ao Māori, and
- Ensuring a safe environment that meets the cultural support needs of Odyssey’s employees and Māori programme participants in treatment.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Confidence and demonstrated knowledge of Te Reo/Tikanga Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi,
- Experience in mihi/whaikōrero, kapa haka, marae protocols and other Māori practices/tikanga,
- Experience of working with Māori including rangatahi (youth), pakeke (adults), kaumātua and tangata whai ora,
- Demonstrated relationships will iwi, kaupapa Māori organsiations and community agencies,
- A general understanding of the cultural norms, practices and traditions of Pacific Peoples,
- Strong people and relationship management skills and
- A full current NZ drivers license.
In return we offer:
- A competitive remuneration package,
- The opportunity to utilise your skills and experience to support positive change for the tangata whai ora and whānau Odyssey supports.
If this role interests you, please take a few moments to complete our online application forms and attach your full CV /cover letter. If you have any further questions, you can contact Leanne Taylor, People and Capabilities Manager, on 021 977 216.
To apply please click here
Closing date: 30 November 2020
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.