Social Worker - Central Hawke's Bay - Permanent
- Supportive team environment
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
Come and join our dynamic multidisciplinary team based at our Hawkes Bay region to protecting and caring for New Zealand's tamariki and rangatahi.
Our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand's tamariki and rangatahi. We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through the application of our established practice model.
In this role you will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve our goals and demonstrate our values as follows:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children, currently have opportunities for Social Workers to join our Dannevirke and or our Waipukurau Office team - a team where relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.
In this role, you will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their families along with external agencies and communities. You will be providing assessment and establishing programmes to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through application of our established practice model: You will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve this goal.
Our team of practitioners are a tight knit group who work closely together in supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
If this sounds like you, please click apply!
Need some flexibility? We can support you with flexible working arrangements. We also welcome applicants who are looking for part-time or reduced hours.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to will include:
- A recognised Social Worker qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Worker Registration Board
- To demonstrate resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- To uphold the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- To have a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver's licence
What we are offering:
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki's remuneration range, between NZ$55,000 - NZ$100,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- On-going professional development
- Access to corporate health fund discounts and a banking package with Westpac
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Andrew Louis at email@example.com
To be eligible for this role, you will need to hold a New Zealand Permanent Residency or Citizenship
Applications close Friday, 27 November 2020.