Studio Operators Team Leader
Māori Television has an exciting opportunity for a conscientious, reliable and professional operator to lead the Studio Operators Team, providing services to our in-house productions; in Live and Pre-Record situations; on a wide variety of programme genres; in multi-camera Studio and Outside Broadcast environments.
This is a fantastic role that will suit someone:
- who is a highly competent studio services operator with demonstrated ability to operate automation production systems to ensure fault free programmes for live and pre-recorded productions
- who possesses an expert, practical understanding of the craft roles of Studio Directing, Sound Operations, and Floor Management
- whose broad base of knowledge across studio based production practices is such that they can provide technical advice and support to productions and their staff
- who has proven team leadership and people management experience
- who has Broadcast experience, specifically in the area of television news production
A tertiary qualification in broadcasting or a related field such as communications, and some fluency in te reo māori are preferred.
Use your experience to make a difference.
Apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
He kōrero mō Whakaata Māori
He wāhi motuhake tō Whakaata Māori hei tautoko i te whakarauoratanga o te reo me ngā tikanga Māori. I rewa i te tau 2004, he hua nō te whakaū a te Karauna i ōna haepapa hei tautoko i te rāngai pāpāho Māori hei whakatairanga i te reo me ngā tikanga Māori, he mārama ngā mahi a Whakaata Māori hei tautoko i ngā mahi whakarauora a te motu, e whakatinanatia ana i tēnei wā i raro i te Maihi Karauna (te rautaki whakarauora reo a te Karauna). Ka orua mai ko ngā mahi a Whakaata Māri i ngā hapori hei whakarauora i te reo Māori hei reo ora e kōrerotia ana e ngā whānau, ngā iwi, ngā hapū, ngā hapori reo Māori, ngā āpiti hoki puta noa i te motu. Ko ngā mahi ā-hapori nei ka whakatinanatia i raro i te Maihi Māori (te rautaki reo Māori a ngāi Māori, ngā iwi me ngā hapū).
About Māori Television
Māori Television plays a unique role in supporting the revitalisation of te reo me ngā tikanga Māori. Launched in 2004, as a result of the Crown recognising its responsibility to support Māori broadcasting to promote te reo me ngā tikanga Māori, Māori Television plays a clear founding role in supporting national efforts in revitalisation, which today is captured in the Maihi Karauna (Crown strategy for te reo revitalisation). At the same time, Māori Television plays an important role supporting community-level efforts to revitalise te reo Māori as a thriving language used by whānau, iwi, hapū and te reo speaker communities and stakeholders across the country. These community-level efforts are expressed in the Maihi Māori (the Māori, iwi and hapū strategy for te reo revitalisation).