Facilitator/Kaitoro – Professional Learning and Development (PLD) Project
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi
- Reference: 20PLD53
- Location: Whakatāne (negotiable)
- Category: Permanent, Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Department: Professional Learning and Development (PLD), Whakatāne Campus
We are seeking an accredited Facilitator to join a team of dedicated kaitoro at Te Āwheonui: The centre for Professional Learning and Development. You will be required to engage with and co-construct tailored professional learning and development (PLD) services, primarily focused on developing cultural capability, for and with educators, Schools, Kura and Kāhui Ako. Once delivery plans are co-constructed and Statements of Work agreed, the PLD services will then be delivered by Facilitator(s) with schools, kura and or Kahui Ako.
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi is a vibrant and exciting tertiary education institution which offers a range of programmes from certificates to doctorates across a range of disciplines. Our programmes are delivered at three main sites in Whakatāne, Tāmaki Makaurau, and Whangārei, and at off-site locations including marae venues throughout the country. Our delivery modes include classroom learning, noho marae, Wānanga, and online (eWānanga) during weekdays, in the evening, and on weekends.
We are also an Expert Partner with, and approved provider of Professional Learning and Development (PLD) services funded by the Ministry of Education (MOE) across the compulsory sector (Primary to Secondary across English and Māori Immersion). The aim of the PLD project is to support Schools, Kura and/or Kahui Ako (Communities of Learning) to achieve evidence-based challenges through the provision of centrally funded professional learning and development services.
Therefore, we seek a permanent fulltime Facilitator/Kaitoro to engage with and co-construct tailored professional learning and development (PLD) services for educators, students and whānau in Schools, Kura and Kāhui Ako. Once delivery plans are co-constructed and Statements of Work agreed, the PLD services will then be delivered by the Facilitator(s).
To undertake this role, you must be an accredited MOE facilitator for delivering PLD services in Schools, Kura and Kāhui Ako. You will also have:
- A relevant undergraduate degree and a post graduate qualification.
- Teaching experience in primary and secondary schools and a teaching qualification would be an advantage.
- A full clean driver’s licence.
- Previous experience as a facilitator/trainer delivering professional development training in Schools and Kura aimed at assisting educational outcomes for Māori students would be an advantage.
- Evidence of experience implementing educational change management strategies in Schools and Kura would be an advantage.
- Facilitation and negotiation skills and experience.
- Intermediate level skills in the use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel and knowledge and experience using databases within primary or secondary schools.
- Knowledge of Tikanga Māori and its application in educational settings will be required and Te Reo Māori fluency is preferred.
We offer a supportive working environment.
To apply for this vacancy click https://www.wananga.ac.nz/about/job-vacancies/