Intermediate to Senior Silverstripe Developer
We're looking for an experienced SilverStripe developer to join our awesome tech team as a permanent team member!
The Springload whānau is the largest digital agency in Wellington. We encourage our Springloaders to thrive at work and at home. We’ve got great clients, challenging projects, and a collaborative, friendly workspace. There’s always plenty of People’s Coffee brewing, healthy snacks, and craft beer in the fridge.
Springload is part of Diversity Works — we celebrate different perspectives and we’re committed to creating an equal, inclusive, and diverse workplace. Our talent comes from all over the world and almost half of our staff are women.
Women, Māori and Pasifika, and members of the rainbow community are strongly encouraged to apply to our roles. At Springload, we know we’re doing better work for our end users and our clients if we have a diverse mix of people on our team. We want vibrancy, language, culture, experiences, and abilities to brighten up our office and bring diversity of thought to our team. If there is anything we can do to accommodate you to participate fully in the recruitment or interview process, please let us know by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we offer
- a competitive salary
- a whānau friendly, flexible workplace
- a learning and growth budget to support your professional aspirations, and a wellness package to keep you physically and mentally fit
- a team of highly talented teammates who strive to create world-class experiences that make people's lives better
- opportunities to get involved in internal initiatives you care about, such as our sustainability group, bi-monthly waiata practice, and mental health chat
- a base in Wellington, the best city in Aotearoa New Zealand (and some say, the world)
- help with a work visa if you don’t yet have one — we’re an accredited employer with New Zealand Immigration.
We’re looking for a pragmatic Silverstripe Developer to bring their super powers to our development team.
Ideally we’re looking for a senior practitioner, but we’ll consider someone at an intermediate level who has the right attitude and skill set. What really counts is your willingness to learn — and teach! — communicate, and perform at a high level in an agency environment.
While formal qualifications are good, theyʻre not essential. We value proven experience, analytical thinking and great communication skills.
You’ll be part of a large, well-rounded and supportive tech whānau that includes infrastructure, quality assurance, front-end, mobile and back-end practitioners. We work together to ensure that our solutions are scalable and your work gets deployed reliably and safely.
For this role you’ll have:
- Significant SilverStripe experience - especially with v4
- Experience migrating from SilverStripe v3 to v4
- Ideally CWP, SilverStripe Cloud experience
- A demonstrable proficiency with programming fundamentals
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles and the ability to apply them
- Excellent understanding of Relational database management systems, version control systems (Git, SVN) and strong SQL skills (we use Postgresql, MySql)
- Excellent understanding of common internet protocols, standards, architectures and formats
- A good understanding of Unit and integration testing, sensing when to test
- Strong, well formed ideas about system architecture
- Youʻre dedicated to the principle of quality before quantity
- Excellent understanding of APIs and formats: REST, JSON, SOAP, XML
- Skills working in *nix environments, *sh and sysadmin-like skills
- Great understanding of open standards-based formats like JSON
- A solid understanding and application of web programming security principles and concepts and their application
Our primary stacks are:
- NodeJs (TS)
- Ruby on Rails
- PHP (SilverStripe)
We also use:
Bonus points for:
- Team leadership and mentoring experience
- An understanding of te ao Māori.
- Public Cloud experience with any of GCP, AZURE, AWS
- Experience with:
- GitHub or other open source community contributions
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment practices
You get to work with a high performing cross functional team, including support from Infrastructure, QA and a wider technical team of over 30 specialists. We have highly automated development CI/CD practices that help you focus on your primary task: development.
Springload work on high quality digital solutions and value our craft – while making sure that everyone is working in a fun and stimulating environment.