Data Liaison and Records Officer
Kia hiwa ra! Kia hiwa ra! Kia hiwa ra ki tenei tuku! Kia hiwa ra ki tera tuku. Kohiri, kohere, kia mataara! Tihei Mauriora!
If you have....
- Initiative and 'can do' attitude
- A high level of data accuracy
- Love for a challenge and you strive for perfection
- The ability to deal with tight deadlines in a changing environment
- Proven computer skills using a broad range of current Microsoft Office applications and software
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with a diverse range of people
- An understanding or interest in the education sector
Then a role in our Data Management and Learner Records (DMLR) team at NZQA might be the one for you.
The DMLR team is responsible for managing the flow of entry and results data for secondary and tertiary students. The team works closely with Schools and Tertiary providers, Software Management System (SMS) Vendors, the Ministry of Education and other internal and external clients, to ensure quality outcomes for students.
As a Data Liaison & Records Officer, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing information and advice to external and internal customers
- Ensuring the accuracy of entry, results and qualification data for students
- Managing a portfolio of schools and assisting with all their NCEA and New Zealand Scholarship data and fees related needs
- Providing administrative support
NZQA is accountable for managing the New Zealand Qualifications Framework, administering the secondary school assessment system, independent quality assurance of non-university education providers, qualifications recognition and standard setting for some specified unit standards.
NZQA is a te reo Māori learning organisation with commitments to equity and lifelong learning. We prioritise the importance of understanding tikanga in building a culturally responsive workplace. NZQA is dedicated to providing a welcoming environment for Māori staff and has an active Māori staff network, Te Kāhui Māori.
For more information about this role and NZQA please refer to the job description, NZQA's Customer Charter, Organisational Values and NZQA Staff Benefits. If you are applying/viewing through Seek, please click ‘apply now' to access these links.
If you would like to discuss further, please call Joanna Pilcher on (04) 463 3078.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 28 October 2020.