Kaiwhakahaere - Manager Māori Engagement
Mental Health Foundation
Nau mai, Haere mai
Ki te Tūāpapa Hauora Hinengaro o Aotearoa
Mauri tū, Mauri ora
The Mental Health Foundation’s (MHF’s) vision is Mauri tū, Mauri ora - creating a society where all people flourish.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated, collaborative and empowering leader to join our Māori Engagement team and ensure the MHF’s work improves the hinengaro of Māori and engages and supports whānau, hapū, iwi and communities to prevent suicide, reduce stigma and discrimination and improve wellbeing and mauri ora.
Reporting to the chief executive and leading a small team, you’ll work as part of the senior leadership team and will support, advise and guide the MHF’s Māori engagement approach. You will ensure our programmes and projects, including national campaigns such as Pink Shirt Day and Mental Health Awareness week, connect to and engage Māori.
Your mahi will be helping us fulfil our commitment as Tiriti partners to reducing inequities experienced by Māori, addressing systemic issues including institutional racism and the ongoing impacts of colonisation, and working toward a fair and just society where everyone can live well. You will contribute to our advocacy work on issues important to Māori including tackling the social determinants of mental health.
You’ll also be supporting work to improve our staff’s cultural knowledge and skill, providing mātauranga Māori and te ao Māori input into MHF mahi in development, advising on tikanga and working collaboratively with other organisations.
- Have deep knowledge of Te Reo Me Ona Tikanga
- Have knowledge and understanding of the articles and principles of Te Tiriti O Waitangi and how these apply in health settings
- Have demonstrable experience with budget management, project planning and management, and people management
- Have proficiency or fluency in Te Reo Maori
- An understanding of health promotion and health issues in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Track record of effective communication and engagement with Māori communities
- Significant senior leadership and operational management experience
- Leadership in organisational and change management
- Some experience of working with government including government ministries and/or agencies
- Thrive on being organised and getting things done
We want to hear from you!
The MHF has an ongoing commitment to Te Tiriti through guiding and prioritising our work to support the flourishing of Māori. We are a mainstream organisation that seeks to be an effective treaty partner by making our mahi engaging and meaningful for Māori.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV over at our applicant tracking system: https://mhfnz.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=27
Closing date for applications is: 5pm on Wednesday, 4th November 2020.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK “APPLY NOW.” Head over to our website https://mhfnz.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=27
You will also find the job description and person specification there.