ARCHITECT, Permanent role, Part of Leadership team
ESR is New Zealand’s Crown Research Institute specialising in science for communities. ESR uses world-leading science to safeguard our health, keep our communities safer, protect our food-based economy, and improve the health of our water and natural environment.
ESR has an exciting opportunity to co-create world class systems and solutions together with their partners and clients for New Zealand.
We are assisting ESR to identify an ARCHITECT, to be a part of this exciting journey. Great technology is a key component for delivering ESR’s strategy! This key role is a member of the Technology leadership team and will work across ESR’s enterprise.
As the lead technical visionary for ESR, you will help to provide fit for purpose technology direction.
Reporting to the Head of Technology, you will help complete the implementation of the current roadmap and create future state architectural plans across enterprise technology.
You will also provide critical solution architecture aligned to enterprise architecture – so this will also be a hands on role. Key to the success of this role will be able to think and articulate strategically but, roll your sleeves up and help your vision become reality.
This role also has a high degree of stakeholder management - exceptional relationship and communication skills are a must have. This role is also very “self-managing” you will be required to maintain a balance between providing enterprise and solution architecture as required.
What is in it for you:
- Flexi working available
- Be the lead technical visionary across Development, Infrastructure, Security and Cloud adoption
- Ability to shape this newly created role within the organisation
Skills & Experience required:
- Leadership experience;
- At least five years’ working as an Enterprise Architect;
- At least five years’ experience working as a Solution Architect and keen to produce solution architecture as required;
- A track record of producing easily consumed architectural outputs;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Experience with managing vendors and external relationships;
- IT strategy and roadmap planning and development;
- Ability to create Architectural models and processes;
- Vendor assessment and procurement processes;
- Information security experience.
Whilst this role is advertised in Wellington, this role may be based in either Wellington, Auckland or Christchurch.
Working at ESR: ESR aims to provide all employees with exciting and interesting work and opportunities for professional development. The provision of an energising work environment and a safe and healthy workplace is important. ESR encourage staff to maintain balanced lifestyles, recognise the importance of flexible working conditions and provision of opportunities for on-going personal and professional development. ESR proudly continues to work towards reflecting Te Tiriti o Waitangi, embedding a respect and increased awareness for tikanga Māori and Māori knowledge in their work.
Please note, applications close 12.00pm Monday 9 November.