Applications Support Specialist, Permanent role
ESR is New Zealand’s Crown Research Institute specialising in science for communities. ESR uses world-leading science to safeguard our health, keep our communities safer, protect our food-based economy, and improve the health of our water and natural environment.
ESR has an exciting opportunity to co-create world class systems and solutions together with their partners and clients for New Zealand.
We are assisting ESR to identify an Applications Support Specialist, to be a part of this exciting journey. Your role as a Solution Specialist will be to provide support to ESR’s end user community, for a range of software-based solutions.
You will provide critical applications support, configuration and functional enhancement on a wide range of bespoke and heavily customised solutions. Support includes troubleshooting and diagnostics, system monitoring, user administration, writing and updating SQL, releases, configuration and functional customisation.
As a Solutions Specialist you will pride yourself on providing a first-class customer experience as well as providing expert advice and guidance, solve issues promptly whilst being approachable and accommodating to users with a broad range of technical ability. You will also work alongside users and transfer knowledge to enable users to self-solve issues moving forward.
What is in it for you:
- Flexi working available
- Interesting environment,
- Widespread technologies!
Skills & Experience required
- Hands on experience with SQL databases and Azure DevOps or TFS (Team Foundation Server);
- Demonstrated experience or understanding of the working requirements and procedures for Health, Environmental Science and Forensic Science laboratories (Highly desired but not mandatory);
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC and Agile methodologies;
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management solutions and ERP solutions would be helpful
- Formal education, training and/or work experience in Information Communication Technology, Science and/or Engineering
- Relevant experience or training in specialised Laboratory Information Management Service solutions and Enterprise Resource Planning solutions
- Work experience or education in the Health, Environmental Science, Forensic Science or Financial Management sectors
Whilst this role is advertised in Wellington, this role may be based in either Wellington, Auckland or Christchurch.
Working at ESR: ESR aims to provide all employees with exciting and interesting work and opportunities for professional development. The provision of an energising work environment and a safe and healthy workplace is important. ESR encourage staff to maintain balanced lifestyles, recognise the importance of flexible working conditions and provision of opportunities for on-going personal and professional development. ESR proudly continues to work towards reflecting Te Tiriti o Waitangi, embedding a respect and increased awareness for tikanga Māori and Māori knowledge in their work.
Please note, applications close 12.00pm Monday 9 November.