Scrum Master, Permanent role
ESR is New Zealand’s Crown Research Institute specialising in science for communities. ESR uses world-leading science to safeguard our health, keep our communities safer, protect our food-based economy, and improve the health of our water and natural environment.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, ESR has an exciting opportunity to co-create world class systems and solutions together with their partners and clients to improve the notifiable disease system for New Zealand. In order to deliver on this opportunity, a new Scrum Team will be formed to work in an Agile manner (with two-week sprints) to focus on delivering leading solutions.
We are assisting ESR to identify a Scrum Master, to be a part of this exciting journey.
As an experienced Scrum Master, you would have lived and breathed Scrum for a number of years! You will be highly motivated and know how to encourage a team to become high performing and consistently delivering and meeting our customers’ expectations.
You will also work very closely with our Product Owner to support, prioritise and define the initiatives on the backlog. You will provide leadership and the management of day to day priorities for the delivery team. You will also facilitate discussions and find resolution to blockages and continuously seeking improvement for yourself and the team. Under the leadership of the Digital Services Manager you will help mentor, guide and coach others within ESR who are unfamiliar with the Scrum Agile methodology.
What is in it for you:
- Flexi working available
- Help mentor, guide and coach in Scrum
- Newly created role and team
Skills & Experience required:
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM );
- Practicing Scrum Master with experience playing the Scrum Master role for a minimum of two years for a software development team;
- Strong hands on experience with the Scrum framework and teaching this;
- Excellent facilitation skills;
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc);
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, SAFE etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games;
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders;
- Ability to drive innovation and adopt new ways of working;
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and contribute to team performance;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong time management and organisational skills;
- Formal education, training and/or work experience in Information Communication Technology, Science (highly desired)
- Certified in Agile project delivery methodologies;
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self study, etc.
Whilst this role is advertised in Wellington, this role may be based in either Wellington, Auckland or Christchurch.
Working at ESR: ESR aims to provide all employees with exciting and interesting work and opportunities for professional development. The provision of an energising work environment and a safe and healthy workplace is important. ESR encourage staff to maintain balanced lifestyles, recognise the importance of flexible working conditions and provision of opportunities for on-going personal and professional development. ESR proudly continues to work towards reflecting Te Tiriti o Waitangi, embedding a respect and increased awareness for tikanga Māori and Māori knowledge in their work.
These roles are being managed by Find Recruitment (in partnership with People & Co.). To express your interest or apply for this role, please use the APPLY function in the first instance and/or contact Christine.email@example.com
Please note, applications close 12.00pm Monday 9 November.