Product Owner, Permanent role
ESR is New Zealand’s Crown Research Institute specialising in science for communities. ESR uses world-leading science to safeguard our health, keep our communities safer, protect our food-based economy, and improve the health of our water and natural environment.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, ESR has an exciting opportunity to co-create world class systems and solutions together with their partners and clients to improve the notifiable disease system for New Zealand. In order to deliver on this opportunity, a new Scrum Team will be formed to work in an Agile manner (with two-week sprints) to focus on delivering leading solutions.
We are assisting ESR to identify a Product Owner, to be a part of this exciting journey.
This key role will be instrumental in working across ESR and is responsible for developing a product roadmap for the technology that supports a key area of the business who deliver critical services to their customers. You will have the opportunity to work with a newly appointed purpose-built Scrum team to design and implement market leading technology driven products.
A core aspect of this role is working closely with end customers and eliciting ideas for simplifying and optimising how they interact with ESR and creating products that their customers will love and will make their lives easy. You will be responsible for the delivery team backlog and the management of all stages of delivery. You will also be responsible for taking the technology requirements and creating the user stories required by the delivery team in order to deliver.
What is in it for you:
- Flexi working available
- Join a new purpose-built Agile scrum team
- New Product Development
Skills & Experience required
- Leadership/team management experience;
- At least five years working as a product owner (preferred), senior analyst or project manager with a key focus on new product development and implementation in the technology and digital domains;
- Agile certified with demonstrated experience delivering change via Agile techniques;
- Working knowledge of the SDLC;
- Ability to build trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders and all levels of organisations
- A track record of reliable and fast delivery
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experience in managing vendors and external relationships
- In depth public health sector experience
- Relevant tertiary education or equivalent experience
Excellent communication skills, patience and the ability to translate complex designs in a way that they are easily understood are critical. In order to lead the product strategy, this role is required to have expert knowledge of existing and new technologies and experience with modern delivery methodologies such as Agile (a must have).
Whilst this role is advertised in Wellington, this role may be based in either Wellington, Auckland or Christchurch.
Working at ESR: ESR aims to provide all employees with exciting and interesting work and opportunities for professional development. The provision of an energising work environment and a safe and healthy workplace is important. ESR encourage staff to maintain balanced lifestyles, recognise the importance of flexible working conditions and provision of opportunities for on-going personal and professional development. ESR proudly continues to work towards reflecting Te Tiriti o Waitangi, embedding a respect and increased awareness for tikanga Māori and Māori knowledge in their work.
Please note, applications close 12.00pm Monday 9 November.