About the role
We are looking for a proactive, energetic and resilient person to lead the practice and operational management of strong professional teams of clinicians, social workers, educationalists, residential and administrative professionals who provide 24/7 care and support for up to 8 young people resident in Te Poutama Àrahi Rangatahi residential home on the outskirts of Christchurch.
Purpose of the Business Unit
To provide a comprehensive and integrated residential treatment programme for up to 8 adolescent males who have harmful sexual behaviours and have been referred by Oranga Tamariki from throughout New Zealand. The service is responsible for the care, education and therapeutic interventions to assist young people make positive changes.
To undertake this role you will need to be:
- experienced at leading and managing staff, within residential services
- knowledgeable and have a current understanding of relevant practice standards
- knowledgeable about contract management and reporting to services funders
- able to identify and secure new service delivery
- raise awareness with key stakeholders of Barnardos as a quality service provider
- able to develop and lead the service's strategic direction and national policy
- able to actively lead and guide the Senior Management team
- familiar with and have a sound understanding of the social services sector including contract management and reporting
If you thrive on variety, enjoy flexible working conditions, have in-depth experience leading, managing and developing staff and have previously worked in a leadership role, then this could be the role for you. To be successful in the role you will need excellent communication skills, flexibility in your approach, and be a strategic thinker.
Skills and experience
We'd like to hear from you if you have:
- a degree in Social Work or Psychology or Business Management or Education
- relevant sector or professional organisation's registration/membership
- previous experience in the not for profit/government sector
- proven evidence to execute successful business strategy
- previous experience/understanding of managing the delivery of residential services
- a strong understanding of children's rights and issues
- a sound knowledge of government funder processes and systems
- proven financial, business acumen, negotiation and influencing skills
- senior level experience leading and managing high functioning teams of specialist staff
- an ability to build and maintain successful, productive professional relationships
- a current clean full driver's licence
- Family friendly organisation with flexible working conditions
- Reduced cost childcare and other employee benefits
- Professional and supportive colleagues
About the organisation
Barnardos is New Zealand's leading children's charity. We tailor our services to respond to local needs, individual challenges and diverse experiences.
We're here for all Kiwi kids. Every day, our services and staff make a real and positive difference in the lives of thousands of children and families across New Zealand.
With your help, we can do even more.
To view the position description visit: https://www.barnardos.org.nz/work-for-us/
Applications close Friday, 13 November 2020.
For more information contact Edwina.Poynton@barnardos.org.nz
Please only apply if you are eligible to live and work in New Zealand.