Management Lead - Kōrure Whānau
Te Whānau O Waipareira
Position: Management Lead - Whānau Ora
Location: West Auckland
Position Type: Full-Time
Vacancy ID: 47079555
Are you passionate to make a difference for whānau in your local community?
Are you a dynamic leader who enjoys coaching and mentoring?
Looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity?
Enjoy an environment where one day is not like the other?
KO WAI MĀTOU - WHO WE ARE
Te Whānau O Waipareira Trust is an urban Maori-proud community that has been serving the West Auckland community for over 35 years, creating positive outcomes for whānau. We are one of the largest NGOs in New Zealand, with over 200 staff, with continued growth and expansion.
HE KŌRERO WHĀKAMARAMA MŌ TĒNEI TŪRANGA - ABOUT THE ROLE
The Waipareira whānau are looking for an experienced Management Lead for their frontline integrated services team, known as ‘Kōrure Whānau. You will be one of four Management Leads, ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of integrated services are aligned to the overarching Whānau Ora framework and philosophy. Working together with the wider team within the West Auckland community, supporting whānau to achieve their self-determined aspirations and wellbeing in the social, health, education and justice areas.
NGA TOHUNGATANAG O TĒNEI TŪRANGA - WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A working and comprehensive knowledge of Whānau Ora and the implementation of this within an organisation
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Te Āo Māori including Te Reo me ngā Tikanga Maōri
- Experienced in kaupapa Maōri approaches and an empathy for own and other cultures
- Bachelors Degree or above in related field
- Minimum of 5 years in a management role inclusive of business management
- Experience in personnel management, supervision, recruitment and evaluation
- Experience in growing organisational capability and capacity
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead in a proactively diverse and inclusive team
- Effective problem solving and mediation skills as well as demonstrated ability to multitask and work in a fast paced setting
- A knowledge and understanding of contract service specifications and required outcomes including negotiating ability
- High level of energy, innovation, self motivation and enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven IT skills that support case management
- A full clean drivers licence and agree to background checks
NGĀ PAINGA O TĒNEI WHARE - THE GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS ORGANISATION
We can offer an awesome team and working culture in modern premises in the heart of West Auckland Henderson township. Just a 2 minute walk from rail/bus transport hub and large-scale malls, stores and eateries. We provide 5 weeks annual leave, 4% Kiwisaver Employer contributions, promote a work/life balance and are committed to providing ongoing professional development.
If you have the right skills, experience and a passion to support the community – please view the Job Description and APPLY today.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid work visa.