Social Worker - Oranga Tamariki - Wellington
At Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children, our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand's tamariki and rangatahi.
If you do practice the same values as we do, we would like to hear from you!
We are currently seeking for Social Workers to join our supportive Wellington team based either at our Porirua or Kapiti site - a team who is creative and innovative and is equally experienced with an immense passion in supporting and guiding children and young people to reach their best potential.
In this role, you will be supporting the change to the lives of our young people and their whanau and one of your main sources of motivation will be utilising the latest strengths-based practice tools and assessment framework. You will also be working in partnership with tamariki, their families and other agencies including communities to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
You will also be part of developing and delivering effective and efficient planning to support our tamariki and rangatahi to ensure their voices are heard. This is an opportunity for you to utilise your soft skills by participating in care plans for young people.
Our team of practitioners are a tight knit group who work closely together in supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi. If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to will include the following:
- A recognised Social Worker qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board or able to register
- To demonstrate resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Well-developed communication skills both written and oral
- Good time management and organisational skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver's licence
What we are offering:
- A salary range between $55,000 - $100,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- Unique staff benefits which include discounted rates on Southern Cross Health Insurance
- To work along a cohesive and supportive team environment
- On-going professional development
How to apply?
All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees, please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our tracking system If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate.
If you have any other further questions about the role, please contact Andrew Louis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes Monday, 28 September 2020.