Registered Nurse - Patient Road / Flight Transport Coordinator
Nelson Marlborough District Health Board
Senior Registered Nurse role
- Previous nursing leadership experience is required
- ICCU experience highly desirable
- Flight Nurse and critical care trauma training highly desirable
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and innovative critical care nurse to co-ordinate the Road/flight Transport team, based in the Operations Centre at Nelson Hospital.
This role makes a significant difference in the lives of our patients who require secondary or tertiary level specialist services by co-ordinating their travel and repatriation within and external to Nelson Marlborough Health. You’ll be responsible for co-ordinating emergency and critical care services for rotor, fixed wing and surface transport, and will work closely with all inpatient and critical care areas at Nelson and Wairau Hospitals to ensure safe transportation and inter-district flow.
Normal hours of work will be Monday to Friday, 0800 – 1630 hours; however, early starts or later finishes may be required from time to time.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
You will be a collaborative Senior Registered Nurse with advanced clinical assessment and planning skills with the ability to:
- Arrange transportation for critical care patients both within and external to the district.
- Provide continuity of care through assessment of patient information, relevant to the transport experience, and co-ordination of transport resources to best meet patient needs.
- Work logistically with external flight teams to ensure timely and well-planned transferral of patients at inter-DHB receiving facilities.
- Maintain strong professional relationships with national DHB Patient Transport Co-ordinators, flight and ambulance teams.
- Maintain current status of all Critical Care Transport (CCT) resources, through multiple tracking systems.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the Te Tau Ihu, the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough’s largest employer, which means the opportunities here are endless. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or 03 546 1274.
For role specific information please contact Liz Dalby Charge Nurse Manager ADON & Operations Manager, Nelson Hospital at Linda.Ryan@nmhb.gvt.nz
Keen to apply now, it’s easy. Please complete our online application form.
Applications close: Sunday 4th October
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.