Senior Advisor - Te Tau Ihu - Nelson, Te Tai Hauauru Regional Office
Te Puni Kokiri
Te Puni Kōkiri is seeking to fill the Regional Senior Advisor role, Te Tau Ihu - Nelson.
This is an exciting career opportunity available in the Te Tai Hauauru Regional Office, Te Puni Kōkiri, reporting to the Team Leader in Porirua.
In this role you are accountable for leading the regional office work programme and you will be able to:
- work with agencies, organisations and providers to assist them to improve their outcomes for Māori
- acts as an effective conduit for information both into and out of Māori communities to support Māori initiatives
- manages and analyses information at a local level on Māori views, aspirations and experiences, to contribute to Te Puni Kōkiri policy thinking
- assists whānau, hapū, iwi, Māori organisation’s and communities to develop and implement initiatives that will enable them to achieve long-term economic and social development
- manage local level contractual arrangements and be a leader in the relationships held with stakeholders
- provide mentoring and coaching to Advisors in the region
- inform investment decisions in partnership with the Investment Team and policy colleagues.
To be successful in the role you will bring either public or private sector experience, and will ideally possess:
- Experience in community development working with whānau, hapū, iwi, Māori organisation’s and Māori communities
- Ability to identify, build and actively manage significant relationships, valuing diverse perspectives and experiences
- Comfort in working in a tikanga/kaupapa Māori environment, a degree of fluency in Te reo Māori is of benefit
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven effective use of project management disciplines to support work
- Understanding of the government and the public service and public sector Understanding of the relevance of the Treaty of Waitangi to the work being undertaken
- A clean full motor vehicle driver’s license.
In return we offer a diverse and rewarding working environment with a strong focus on solutions that will assist in serving our communities.
Applications close 27 September 2020