Tertiary Education Commission
If you're looking for your “why”, then come and join us at TEC. We truly believe in the transformational benefits of education and vocational training and as a result we invest $3 billion a year in tertiary education and training.
It's an exciting time to be working at TEC as we expand our role from an investor in tertiary education, to one that also seeks to lift the aspirations and skill bases of all New Zealanders from ages 7 to 70+. We are developing tools and information to help all New Zealanders navigate a path of lifelong learning for fulfilling careers and successful lives.
The Business and Partnerships team is the key lead relationship between stakeholders and the TEC and an exemplar of the relationship management role.
The Relationship Manager is the key lead relationship between the iwi, hapū, Māori and other partner stakeholders and TEC. The Relationship Manager will exemplify knowledge and experience in relationship management, actively managing their allocated portfolios and work collaboratively internally and externally to ensure that learners gain the maximum benefit from TEC's products and services. They will also have a specific focus on working with the RoVE programme to build its capacity and capability to effectively engage with Maori. Ideally you will be based in our Wellington office, but we will consider applications from candidates who are able to work from our, Whangarei. Auckland, Hamilton Christchurch offices
What will you be doing?
- Engaging effectively with iwi, Pasifika and a variety of other customer groups e.g. industries, local govt, employers.
- Seeking out and leveraging opportunities for TEC to engage in high impact partnerships with iwi, hapū, Māori and others in their portfolio.
- Management and resolution of education-based tribunal claims and formal agreements between iwi and TEC.
- Leading the development of a strong cultural intelligence in the team with the ability to operate effectively in diverse cultural contexts, and the ability to apply cultural analysis to TEC work.
- Bringing together and forming partnerships and forums to provide input to and deliver on TEC's strategic initiatives.
What will you bring to the role?
- Te Reo Maori fluency or strategic linguistic capability.
- Established relationships with iwi, hapū, Maori communities and industry.
- Proven partnership/relationship management experience.
- Experience working with business partners to collaboratively deliver upon engagement plans to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strategic thinking skills, including the ability to align knowledge to system change.
- Extensive experience and ability to demonstrate curiosity and critical thinking to identify areas of risk and opportunity.
- Extensive experience negotiating with other parties within specified parameters and frameworks and understanding potential constraints.
- Experience in or the ability to demonstrate cultural intelligence and to operate effectively in diverse cultural contexts.
What will you get in return?
- An opportunity to work within a vibrant, professional and friendly team who truly believe they can make a difference.
- A values driven and collaborative culture.
- $100k - $117, depending on relevant experience.
- The TEC offers a range of benefits including additional annual and sick leave, flexible working options and a wellness programme.
Applications close on Sunday 27 September 2020. If this sounds of interest, please apply now. As part of the application process for this role, your application is to include your covering letter and C.V. along with a short YouTube video of yourself answering the following questions:
- What's your story? Tell me about you.
- What excites you about this role and what three things do you feel someone needs to exceed in it?
- What is your ideal work environment?
The video is to be 3 minutes max in duration. Use the option ‘unlisted' when creating your YouTube video. As part of your application please provide the link to your video along with your covering letter and C.V. The information will only be used for recruitment purposes and will not be held after the recruitment process has been completed.
For enquiries about the role only, please contact HR@tec.govt.nz . Please note you must be a NZ citizen or have permanent residency to be considered for this role.