- Make a difference for tamariki, rangatahi and whānau
- Join a supportive team who has each other's backs every step of the way
- Use your life experience to mentor others
What's on offer?
- A work life balance
- An opportunity to make a bit of extra money
- A close-knit team who love to eat together whilst playing cards or doing puzzles
- Regular supervision and support
- Encouragement and opportunities to learn and develop into a Social Worker if studying or inclined to go in that direction
What you will do?
The work you do will vary depending on the needs at the time but could include the following:
- Transport children and young people to appointments, activities and to school
- Look after, help motivate and care for them at motels while we help find them a new home
- Assist as and where you can with the child's behavioural issues
- Support, mentor and walk alongside our tamariki and rangatahi's journey
- Assist Social Workers on a case by case basis
- Play an important part in a very rewarding role
- Be flexible on changing priorities as and where we need resources
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children, we're on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
What team you will work with?
Firstly, work with the Kaikohe site staff as an entire team. The important working relationships include social workers, workplace administrators and other specialised roles like FGC coordinator. Secondly, work with particular team priorities like Tiaki Mokopuna and Whakamana Te Tamaiti as determined by the site leadership.
What you will bring?
- Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
- Experience working with youth
- A clean, current, full driver's licence
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Flexibility in working different hours and days at short notice
- Life experience to be able to share and mentor on
- The ability to work in New Zealand
- Open and adaptable to an environment that is always changing
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you have any queries, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla at email@example.com
Hurry as applications close Wednesday, 23 September 2020.
To see more about this exciting role, check out the position description: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/resource-worker-pd-160518.pdf