Supervisor Social Worker
Oranga Tamariki - Gore Office
Are you a dynamic Practitioner who enjoys coaching and mentoring?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a fixed term Supervisor Social Worker to join our team based at Gore Office. You will be working alongside a supportive team who are fully committed to putting our tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of everything we do and say.
In this fast-paced role, you will manage and work in partnership with a team of Social Workers and other stakeholders including whānau and iwi. There is lots of variety and challenges with no two days being the same. You will be part of making bold and courageous decisions to protect our tamariki and rangatahi. As a Supervisor you will also uphold best practices and adhere to providing the best possible care and delivery of services.
With your well-developed leadership skills, you will be supporting the team to work creatively, constructively and effectively with our clients and stakeholders to address individual and social needs. You will also be working through complex information to ensure trusted decisions are made.
What you will bring?
- A full recognised Registration and current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Well-developed child protection Social Work knowledge and practices
- Experience in leading and inspiring a team
- Resilience and the ability to work well under pressure
- Cultural awareness and understanding of Tikanga Māori
- A positive attitude and the ability to influence and empower our tamariki and rangatahi
- Good communication skills., time management and strong conflict resolution skills
In return we will be offering:
- A salary range between $80,215.55 - $103,603.90
- The opportunity to work with a wider valued-based organisation
- A supportive and dedicated team of colleagues
- The opportunity to work in a supportive learning environment
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your Social Work Qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHR portal. This will ensure your application is received internally. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate.
If you want to know more about the role, please contact Cathy Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes 29 September 2020