Registered Nurses – Inpatient Mental Health (Wahi Oranga)
Nelson Marlborough District Health Board
- Delivery of acute through to rehab care
- Great team that strives for a positive work environment and a balanced and safe workload
- Permanent full-time and casual positions available
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
We are looking for Registered Nurses who would like to join our inpatient mental health team in Wāhi Oranga at Nelson Hospital. We have:
- A permanent full-time position working 80 hours a fortnight on a (4 on, 2 off) rotating roster.
- A casual position covering staff leave with the flexibility to work across all shifts, sometimes at short notice.
You will be joining a great team who are passionate about mental health and delivering a high standard of care. Our service provides inpatient care for acute through to rehabilitation.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
It’s essential that you have NZNC registration and practising certificate, with no conditions that exclude Mental Health Scope of Practice. You will preferably have mental health nursing experience, and will ideally have post graduate qualifications relevant to this area of practice.
Required skills and knowledge include:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work across the Mental Health Inpatient Continuum
- Mental Health (Compulsory Assessment and Treatment) Act, 1992
- PPPR Act - Welfare Guardian
- Sensory Modulation Principles in Mental Health
- Mental status examinations and risk assessments.
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi(The benefits of this position)
We offer a great team environment and are supportive of professional development. Wāhi Oranga is a large unit that provides intensive acute and rehabilitative cares. We strive to create a positive work environment that has a balanced and safe workload.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough’s largest employer, which means the opportunities here are endless. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 546 1274.
For role specific information please contact Gabrielle Jones, Charge Nurse Manager on Gabrielle.Jones@nmhs.govt.nz.
Keen to apply now, it’s easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Ref: N20-341Applications close: Sunday 4th October (unless filled prior).
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.