Therapist/Clinician - Stop Adolescent & Children’s Services, Christchurch
If you are a child or adolescent therapist and have recently returned from overseas or wanting an exciting new professional challenge, we have the job for you!
Stop is a specialist provider of high-quality community-based intervention services for adolescents who have engaged in harmful sexual behavior and children who have engaged in concerning sexual behaviour. Stop’s service makes a difference in the lives of children, young people and whanau affected by harmful sexual behaviour.
We are seeking to employ a highly motivated professional for this part time or full-time position who will have:
- proven therapeutic experience and skills in clinical work with adolescents and/or play-based work with children
- experience in working with families in stressful situations
- qualification in psychology, counseling, social work, family therapy or equivalent
- an ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team and work professionally alongside other social service agencies and schools
- some experience of working with issues related to trauma and attachment is preferable
- excellent communication, relationship and organisational skills and enjoys contributing to a strong and reflective team.
Stop provides a very supportive, professional work environment with competitive salaries and staff benefits that include:
- Free medical insurance
- 5 weeks annual leave and 10 days sick leave per annum
- a generous professional development package that is tailored to the individual’s professional needs
- high quality supervision
- Specialist training for the successful applicant
Applications for this position should include a cover letter, CV and any additional attachments and be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be processed as they are received.
Visit our website: www.stop.org.nz