Engagement Lead - Oranga Tamariki
Closing Date : 04 Jun 2020
Engagement Lead - fixed-term - Auckland
12-month fixed-term position until June 2021
- Lead the development, scoping and implementation of the Whānau Care project into Auckland
- Manage the ongoing implementation and establishment of the Whānau Care project in Te Tai Tokerau
- Support the team in the commissioning of new Iwi partnerships
Whānau Care is looking for an Engagement Lead to join our project team and support our mahi in Auckland and Te Tai Tokerau. The kaupapa of Whānau Care is to work in partnership with iwi and kaupapa Māori organisations to connect tamariki Māori in care to their whānau and whakapapa. It's about making sure tamariki Māori in care know who they are and where they come from, which is fundamental to upholding their mana.
The project uses an engagement model to build partnership with Iwi and kaupapa Maori providers to co-design new ways of care and to ensure adequate capability and capacity building. The Engagement Lead will join an established project and programme team to support the next phase of engagement with key internal and external stakeholders in the development of a roadmap for implementation into Auckland.
To be successful in this key position, you must have proven experience in the following:
- The design, development and implementation of stakeholder engagement programmes
- You must also be an effective relationship developer and be credible engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- You will have an understanding of the machinery of government and of engagement on public policy issues
- You will have a firm knowledge of Te Tiriti principles and an understanding of te reo Māori me onā tikanga
- Experience working within kaupapa Māori environments is ideal
- Experience working in the social sector is highly desirable
How to apply?
Internal Oranga Tamariki Employees - please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
All external applicants including MSD - employees please apply here and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system. Please note all applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any questions, please contact us through HR_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Applications close Thursday, 4 June 2020.