Ngāi Tahu Holdings
Closing Date : 05 Apr 2020
Permanent / Full Time
Kia hiwa rā!
Ngāi Tahu Holdings is the wholly owned investment company of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu. It is responsible for the expert and prudent capital management of the commercial activities of Ngāi Tahu across its business units and investment assets, which include significant interests in commercial property, development property, farming, seafood, aged care and tourism.
We are seeking to strengthen internal investment capability within the Ngāi Tahu Group, meaning there is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Investment professional with a strong understanding of financial theory and application. This is your chance to work for a highly reputable, thriving iwi organisation that will enrich the lives of current and future generations of Ngāi Tahu whānau.
Reporting into the Portfolio Manager the focus of this position is to provide comprehensive investment support to the executive team of Ngāi Tahu Holdings. Working in a small team functions will include, portfolio strategy, active asset management of business unit and investment asset performance and strategy, and supporting origination and execution of new direct investment opportunities.
We are looking for a talented and driven individual with:
- Strong understanding of financial theory and application
- Experience in completing investment analysis and excel based financial modelling
- Experience in writing, reviewing and critiquing business cases
- Understanding of financial markets
- Experience in mergers and acquisition processes
- Strategic thinker comfortable operating in a dynamic environment
- Working within a team to achieve common goals and objectives
- Familiarity with the Treaty of Waitangi and its application to the work of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu.
- An affinity for service-leadership to our ultimate stakeholders, Ngāi Tahu whānau.
- Knowledge of Ngāi Tahu tribal structures and an awareness of and affinity for the needs and aspirations of Ngāi Tahu whānui
- At least five years of relevant post qualified experience ideally with corporate finance, investment or banking background
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field desirable and CFA (or similar) certified preferred
What we can offer in return:
- Opportunities for professional development including learning te reo Māori and Ngāi Tahu culture & values
- Free car parking onsite in our Addington offices
- Competitive salary
- Great coffee (in our onsite café)
- Wellbeing activities, such as lunchtime fitness classes
- Health and wellbeing insurance
For confidential enquiries, please contact Rebecca McQueen, Toi Tangata Business Partner 021 197 1683 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!