Te Tumu Whakarae [Chief Executive]
Ngā Mātāpono a Te Mātāwai
• He reo tuku iho te reo taketake o Aotearoa
• Ko ngā iwi me ngāi Māori ngā purutanga mauri o te whare o te reo mauri ora • Poua, whakatipuria, tāwaharautia te reo ūkaipo i roto i ngā hapori
• Kia raka te mauī, kia raka te katau
• Kia ū ki te wairua Māori
This is your opportunity to make a significant contribution to the revitalisation of te reo Māori.
The Board of Te Mātāwai invites suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the role of Tumu Whakarae [Chief Executive].
Te Mātāwai is a statutory entity tasked with working with Māori communities and Crown agencies in uplifting the Māori language throughout Aotearoa. The former by investing in te reo initiatives and the latter around ensuring te reo is acknowledged at the government level.
To this end the Tumu Whakarae [Chief Executive] will be responsible for:
- overall organisational leadership of Te Mātāwai ensuring the general management of the agency and its operations;
- working with the Board to set medium-to-long term goals, its funding policies and decisions, and annual priorities and objectives;
- implementing the Board’s policies and decisions, and achieving its objectives; and
- building and maintaining effective relationships with the agency’s key stakeholders.
The ideal appointee will have:
- effective communication skills [both written and spoken] in te reo and other languages:
- a proven track record in successfully managing organisations, staff and operational budgets: a demonstrable commitment to the promotion and use of te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori: a well-developed understanding of the public sector including Equal Employment Opportunity principles:
- extensive networks and involvement in the community:
- high levels of personal integrity, judgement and professionalism:
- an understanding of the te reo Māori revitalisation sector and an ability to quickly grasp the key issues: and
- an innovative and creative approach to work with a focus on practical solutions.
The job description and application form for the Tumu Whakarae [Chief Executive] can be downloaded from the following link:
Applications should be marked “Confidential - Te Tumu Whakarae”.